The 2018 Capital Projects Bond monies are anticipated to be spent in the following way. The dollar amounts stated below were used in the planning of the bond but may change, as determined by the NSD Strategic Plan and School Board.
Growth Projects: $130 Million
- The new Skyview / Canyon Creek Classroom building (30 flexible use classrooms which can be used as elementary or middle school classrooms)
- New 500 student elementary (K-5) school at the NSD’s Maltby site
Building Improvement Projects: $119 million
- Every school in the NSD will have security and safety improvements which are tailored to the needs of the specific school.
- Improvements to outdoor instructional spaces including playfields, tracks, tennis courts and athletic fields.
- Classroom modifications, to enable District facilities to meet instructional program needs.
- Maintain the existing 37 building sites (3 million+ sq ft) owned by the NSD which includes projects for site circulation, HVAC, life safety systems, structure (roofs), and grading.
“New” Projects: $26 million
- Concert Hall and Instructional Building at Inglemoor High School which will include site work that improves traffic circulation.